4/21/2007

Hot Fuzz and my 5K finish


Yesterday was cold and drizzly, so Larry and I decided to go to a movie. Neither one of us was in the mood for something serious, so we thought something scary might be good, but the only scary movie that looked good was only an hour and a half (we generally have a 2 hour minimum for theatre prices). So we decided to go see "Hot Fuzz" instead. I personally love British wit and humor. The lead actor was Shaun of "Shaun of the Dead" fame (another good one to see), and was brilliant in Hot Fuzz.
This movie was the "Dog's Bollocks!" If you don't know what that means, look it up under British slang. It was smashing, smart, and downright hilarious. For a 2:00 p.m. show, the theatre was packed and everyone was laughing their arses off. A 90 year old man in front of me was having the most fun of all. I never heard someone laugh so loudly.

This morning I did the 5K at the Salt Lake Marathon. There were too many people in my opinion, but it was a good morning for a run. I did it in under 45 minutes, which is pretty good for me. I did get a battle wound though. Trying to get out from under so many feet, I managed to trip into a hole and went down. I have to say it was rather graceful, and I only managed one raspberry on my left knee. It was a bit sore and I expect to get yet another bruise. My husband jokingly says he can't leave me anywhere without supervision. I'm starting to look like a battered wife. What can I say, I am not "delicate." Never have been, why start now??

No comments: