4/15/2007

Welcome Home

After a long 8 hour journey, I finally made it home. The plane landed at sunset on a beautifully clear, cool, and DRY evening. I never loved this place more. I LOVE living here again.
My hubby was waiting for me with a bunch of fresh flowers (guess I should leave more often). My trip to Florida was good. It was good to see my mom and step-dad, as well as my sister. It is always so funny to me that no matter how life changes our situations, we generally remain the same. My mom is busy catering to every one's needs. Making sure I never went hungry, I think I gained 10 lbs during my visit. After a long day of raking people over the coals (something I still can't quite envision), my sister spends her evenings playing video games as if she is still 10.
My trip to Atlanta got cancelled. While in Florida, I was either having allergies or getting a cold. My girlfriend has a small child, and I didn't want to risk getting anyone sick. I now have to proceed with begging on bended knee to get another invite.

I always meet interesting people while travelling. Coming back, I sat in coach. Outside of the "packed liked sardines" aspect of coach travel, I find it more enjoyable by the people I meet. First class can be a bit......cold. A woman I sat next to on the long leg from Atlanta to Salt Lake, was from a small town in Northern Idaho. She asked where I was from, which was followed up with the always common question, "are you Mormon?" Her lack of tact made me laugh. She then followed up with "so are you a college student at BYU?" I was slightly mortified by the question. Not only am I at least 13 years older than most "college students," but BYU? This is wrong on so many levels.
Later in our conversations, I began to realize this woman and I were the same age!! She was about to become a grandmother. HELLO! We had a good time and chatted most the way to Salt Lake. Strange how you meet someone for such a short time knowing that most likely you will never see them again. I guess that's what they mean by making the most of every moment.

Here are a few photos from my visit. We spent some time at a Botanical garden one day, and me being me, I took a lot of pictures, here are a few.....

Orchid

Obvious.

Any guesses?? There will be a quiz later.

Can't remember the name of the plant, but its pretty.

Base of a Banyan Tree


Water Lillies.

No comments: