4/11/2007

Jet Lag

Okay, maybe that is a bit extreme, but here I am at 12:05 without any desire to go to bed. I don't appear to have gotten over the 2 hour time difference yet. I am one of those types that takes weeks to change sleeping patterns. This morning I slept until 10:00, and now here I am awake, tapping away trying to get myself tired while the rest of the house is sleeping.

Today when I talked to my husband on the phone, he told me he wasn't happy with his job, at least not the company he works for, and wants to look at other airlines. I wasn't too surprised by his desire. He had been tired of his current situation for about a year now. But as the conversation continued he surprised me when he said "Thank you for supporting me." I find this to be an odd statement. Sure this change would mean less pay in the short term, so we cut back where we can. I don't find it to be a big deal, especially if that means he will be happier. I queried him on his statement and need to "Thank" me. Apparently, in his opinion, most spouses don't often get the support to make changes in their lives, especially when it means tightening the money belt. I truly don't understand this. What is the point of working if you can't enjoy the life the job allows for, no matter if the pay is small or large? I guess I am one of those weird wives that believes the "work to live, not live to work" motto of life. I am a believer in dreams; trying them, doing them, and if possible, living them.

FYI: Any wanna be pilots out there? It is not a bad time to consider this career. The next five years are predicted to be good in hiring, but it doesn't look like there will be enough pilots available. (These statements are not from the airlines themselves, but from the rumor mills in aviation circles, so don't blame me if you can't get a job:) . ) I have even thought about it myself, but I think I'll stick to flying for fun and not as a job.

My husband says I have a letter at home from Utah State. They are just waiting for my transcripts. I am pretty excited about this new direction I am going. When I get back, I will be shadowing at the Veterans Hospital. I am looking forward to it. I also found out that Utah is expecting a big shortage of SLP's in the coming years (retirements). I'm not sure this is a good thing, but I guess that means I will have a job. I will also get to service small rural communities when I can. I look forward to this type of work.

I've been pondering my short story that I have been writing. I am still wondering what to direction to take the characters, so when I get home I will get back to writing it.


Ohhh, a big Thunderstorm is overhead. I love the sound of thunder and rain at night. I think I will snuggle in now. Good night!

1 comment:

Jason h said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.