10/26/2007

Stuck

This seems to be a reoccurring theme in my posts: I am suppose to be in Hawaii right now, but I am stuck here. See.....sounds familiar if you been reading me for a while. Yes, I was planning on visiting with my hubby this weekend, especially since it is his birthday on Sunday...the big 4-0! However, I was unable to catch the direct flight from SLC, nor the LAX stop over. Apparently UEA weekend means "let's get out of Utah." What happened to just going up to the mountains and slaughtering animals? I think it used by called "hunting recess" back in the day. Apparently that isn't the case anymore.

After spending 4 hours trying to get out of dodge, I made my way back at home and began sulking. Nothing like expecting to be gone for six days only to find yourself back home sitting in your anally clean house because your aunt was coming over to watch the cats and didn't want a messy house to be seen as a case of the blues so you spent 2 days cleaning until your hands cracked, now eating cold, dried out pizza because you threw everything else out of the fridge since you were going to be gone for a week and didn't want to have green monsters growing out of the fridge eventually taking over the house. Whew....how's that for a run on tirade? It was just plain depressing.

In addition to missing my husbands birthday, some of Larry's co-workers are throwing a big party on Saturday with Karaoke (clothing optional.....ya right). I was so looking forward to getting down with Neil Diamond on the Karoke machine. The party is for one of the Aussies Larry works with who is going back to Australia. Anyway, it was going to be a great weekend, and now I won't be there.
The only good thing out of all this was meeting a women who works in neuro-feedback with brain damaged children (she noticed my study cards) and gave me her website info for her business which has had amazing success with children and speech therapy. Surprisingly, she also uses dogs as therapy aides with these kids to help them focus (the dog sitting next to her was what got me talking to her). I have always wanted to get into therapy animals. I know what a value animals have been in my own life and my own healing. Apparently she has had great success with these dogs and the children's neuro-feedback. I am rambling here, but it was an interesting coincidence.
I also met some other frustrated stand-by passengers wondering what happened to our so called "benefits." It is always interesting meeting people in the airport. Everyone always has a story of where they have been and where they are going. Kind of like meeting people in a place called "going nowhere for now," or "pause button." A place of transition, and me....well I was a Chatty Cathy for some reason. I just started up conversations with people. My husband's extroversion must be rubbing off on me. I also started a new book, Into the Wild, which appears to be a pretty easy, but interesting read. I can relate a lot to the boy in the book. I'll review it at a later time (if I remember to).

More rambling....I must be getting tired. Well...now I am here typing away, dreaming of sunsets on the beach, warm sand, Mai Tai's, and afternoon rainbows. I guess I will have to wait a little while longer before my dreams can become a reality.

No comments: