10/20/2007

Week one

It was a tough week for me, trying to motivate myself into being a geo-bachelorette. I am just now starting to get out of the "droopies" of feeling alone. Most of the week I felt like I had a gray cloud hovering over me, which wasn't helped by the fact that for most the week there were many clouds outdoors, mixed with some rain and even snow. I don't know how people can live in Seattle. I go two days without some sunlight and I start to feel like I am losing my mind. Most of the week was just plain gloomy with only two days of sun. Today the weather is a continuation of the week long weather pattern; gray clouds with rain mixed with sleet. That will make it five Saturdays in a row with crappy weather. I complain knowing that any rain or snow is a gift after the dry summer we had, so I try not to complain too loudly.

I also spent quite a bit of time catching up on my studies that I had let slide to the wayside in order to spend more time with Larry before he left. I had gotten so bad that the Thursday prior to Larry leaving, I sat down to start studying for my Anatomy chapter on Respiration thinking I had until this Monday to take the exam, only to find out I was a week off. I had to take it on Monday, the day after Larry left. Can you say Stress?! I basically had to cram two weeks of studies in less than 3 days. The entire respiratory system; organs, muscles, tissues, functions, and locations in 3 hellish days. I am thankful I am not working right now because I didn't leave the house for 2 days and managed to squeak out an 85 on the test. That class is a butt kicker.

Things are starting to look up, and I guess it is probably not unusual to have down feelings when life has been shifted around a bit. Larry has been gone a lot in our relationship and with short trips I barely have time to realize he has been gone, but the longer trips always start out with that little bit of gloom and doom when you realize that your mate isn't going to be coming home for along time. Eventually, I always turn a corner and start plowing through once again. I can tell that time is near.

Larry has really been too busy since he got to Hawaii to miss me too much. He has been working 12-14 hour days working on a big project for not only the military, but for the nation. I can't really say what it is here because I don't know what I can talk about regarding his work. It isn't classified (if it was than I wouldn't know about it), but it may not be something I can really discuss. I'll just say that it is really important, but the needs of the Navy pulled that rug out from under him. They now need his "expertise" in working with the Aussies and Kiwis in what I can say as "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" negotiations. It is also great experience, and is basically what he did in North Africa 2 years ago, but just not what he thought he would be working on this time.

He is also trying to find a place to live and a car. He found a little VW Cabrio Convertible which makes sense since he is in Hawaii, but finding a place to live that is furnished, somewhat near work, takes pets, has more than 700 square feet, and isn't above $2000 a month is actually tough. Good thing he has time before I arrive.

I guess we are both settling in to our lives, our separate lives, once again. Today, it is a little depressing, but each day it gets easier.

No comments: