11/29/2007

ALL DONE!!

Yippee! I just finished my final exam in Phonetics. It was a very tough class, especially taking it this way. It is all about how words and letters sound, and without classroom instruction, it can be very challenging to make sure you are sounding things out right. I think Phonetics will continue to be a challenge for me, but I will try to keep it up on my own. I did manage to pull out an "A" in the class, but the grade isn't as important as the learning. I still feel very insecure about IPA and how I will use this in the future, but I am so happy to be done with this class. One more exam in Anatomy, and one more project and exam in Language Development, and I am so done! If anyone says Speech Pathology is easy, smack them in the face for me. I already have one Masters degree, and I can say that this is far more difficult than getting an M.Ed in curriculum design. And I haven't even gotten to the graduate level stuff yet.

I did register for next semester. I understand one of my classes, Anatomy of the Ear, is pretty tough because the Professor wants you to know EVERYTHING about the ear. I guess a number of communication disorder/speech pathology folks become Audiologists, so we all need to know the ear. I am actually looking forward to it.

I think I will sit back and relax for a bit before starting my study session for the next exam.

Relief feels oh so good....


Song is just one of my favorite DM songs. It makes my skin burn.

No comments: