4/20/2008

Just another Saturday

One of the hard parts about being without your "other," is the amount of time that is given to phone time. The weekend is the only time that Larry and I can talk as long as we want to. The four hour difference between us makes it hard for us to have any real dialogue during the week; too early in the morning for him on the front side, too late at night for me on the backside.
Yesterday I let myself sleep until around 9, got up changed the sheets on the bed, fed the cats and played with them some, watched the news, did a little yard work, and around 10:30 got a call from Larry. We talked until 2:00 in the afternoon. I paid bills, brushed my teeth, ate some oatmeal, folded clothes, did the dishes, and bought tickets to see John Mayer this summer all while on the phone with him. We discussed everything and anything. I still can't believe we can just talk to each other for that long. I am a chatter box though, and probably did more gabbing than he.

After the marathon phone call, I put on my running shoes and decided to go for a run up city creek. Since I've been back home, I have only gone up the canyon three times. The first time I was still sick, but wanted the fresh air, the second I had intended on running, but had just eaten and the stomach was a little upset. Yesterday, I decided that I was finally going to run. It had been more than a month since I last ran, and I figured it would be like starting all over again. I was actually dreading it. Surprisingly, it was the best run I have ever done! I finished and felt like I could have just kept going. I wasn't tired at all, breathing easily. I was shocked! I would never have expected, "I am loving this" to run through my head while running. Amazing!

Afterwards, I was on a high and hungry. I felt like some meat and corn. I headed to the store where I searched high and low for corn on the cob. No luck, must be too early in the season. About crapped my pants when I saw how expensive steaks have gotten. Good thing I only eat red meat about every 14 days....maybe. Decided on some red potatoes and a pint of Cherry Garcia. Larry called me while I was at the store. He wanted to notify me that he was going to an Earth Day concert with Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson. Just call me Kermit. Oh man, am I jealous or what!! Virtually nothing going on here for Earth Day. I think Whole Foods is giving out reusable bags. Hummm... concert to raise funds for Earth Day, who would want that? Reusable bags, yippee!! Larry did mention that it was because of me that he decided to jump on the opportunity to go. It being such a "bindy" thing to do. Guess he is learning something!

I came home, boiled my potatoes and grilled my steak. I took a picture of my meal and sent it to him. He responded with a picture of the amphitheater. GRRRR. We continued to text each other about 10 more times in addition to two very loud, short conversations. I decided to get out the Garcia and put in the first disc of the 5th season of MI-5 (awesome show by the way). Around 10, I decided to head to bed, it being such an exciting day and all (wink wink). As I got ready, I decided to send Larry one more text and pic of me in my Nightie. At least with all the excitement he is enjoying, he will remember what he has waiting for him at home! Never let'em forget what's really important, I say.

Just another Saturday....

No comments: