4/07/2008

Returning to my life.....sort of

The last month or so has been both insane and amazing (I guess they sometimes go together). I returned back to Utah last Thursday, and as much as I missed Australia and Hawaii, it was also nice to be back on the ground again; holding my cats, hugging my Mom, smelling my home, sitting on my couch, and not living out of a suitcase. My Mom stayed here while I was away, taking care of my home and my animals. I loved having her here. I don't often admit to wanting such things in my life, wanting my Mom to be close, but after the last month I realize how much I miss her and miss having her nearby. Maybe someday we will live closer than we do now, and have since I left home at 18.

After my day of travel recovery (Thursday), we relaxed and played around town Friday. Later Mom made dinner and Oatmeal cookies. I felt bad that she was doing all the cooking, but I also saw that she was enjoying it. She had made my home hers. That actually gave me great comfort, knowing she felt such at ease. She also enjoyed her time being in the city and around her family. Saturday morning, we left and drove a few hours South to visit with my Aunt and Uncle. It was a nice, but short visit with them. Saturday night I started to feel like I was getting a cold. It wouldn't be all that unusual given the changes in humidity, air travel, two red-eye flights, and the countless numbers of cold and flu bugs floating around that I no doubt encountered numerous times.

While down south, my car turned over 100,000 miles. I had to document the event. I also took some pictures of the dogs (Chico and Jake) and horses (Kentucky, Lt. Dan, and Fuzzy Red).









I am now focusing on trying to get my health better so I can finally unpack and get my home back together since the tornado (aka me) landed last Thursday. I am happy to home eating my food (all the food mom left me), sitting on my couch under my quilt (the one mom made me), and sleeping in my bed in my sheets.

“When you're safe at home you wish you were having an adventure; when you're having an adventure you wish you were safe at home” Thorton Wilder

No comments: