4/09/2008

Make it stop.....PLEASE!

Day 3 of my convalescence. I can't breathe and my brain feels like a gelatinous mass sloshing around in my head. The sinuses in right side of my face are so swollen that my right eye is constantly tearing up and my upper right teeth ache. I have gone through my last box of Kleenex and have now transitioned to a roll of toilet paper. I am all out of my Tylenol Super Duper deCongestion tabs and haven't the ability to drive to the store (not without leaving dead bodies on the road). My only food desire is oatmeal and fruit, both of which I am now out of.
I have been bathing myself in Vicks, but can't smell any of it. Does that mean it doesn't work? On top of that, I am now starting to cough up boogers and sneeze all over the place. Part of my recovery will be tenting my house and decontaminating it. Walking up and down the stairs is like running a marathon. I did the dishes this morning, figuring the caked on oatmeal and dried out chicken soup probably wasn't doing me any favors in the "improving my health" department. After filling the dishwasher, I started wheezing. I feel like an old lady.

I think the worst part for me is having nothing to do. All I can do is lay here and try to find which nostril is the least plugged to breathe out of. If I am lucky I might be able to scrounge up enough energy to wash a load of laundry. You should see how long it takes me to fold a towel. My only outlet is my computer, but even then I don't want to do anything that actually requires me to think. I listen to music, add songs to my playlist and then fall asleep.
Larry feels guilty for not being here, so does my Mom. She went back to Florida Monday. I am kind of used to it, being sick on my own. I do wish someone was here to help clean up and go get me some Sprite or 7-Up. I am hoping this will be my last day of my solitary confinement. I am feeling dislodged from the world, not to mention from my own brain.

I think a hot shower is calling my name. The steam clears out my nose and the heat relaxes my muscles. It is the only good thing I have going on right now, so I would be remiss not to take full advantage of it.

No comments: