4/04/2008

Let the Countdown Begin...



As I have shared many times on this blog, I am a lover of Science Fiction. I have been hooked on the star fighting, deep space stories ever since my parents took me to Star Wars on my 5th birthday. It must have been destiny that Star Wars opened on my exact birthday (as did many Star Wars sequels) that I would find a real love in Sci Fi story telling.

I have become a religious zealot of Battlestar Galactica since its debut on Sci Fi in October 2004. Love it, Love it, Love it. As I have heard it said before, Science Fiction is not the story itself, but the backdrop in which the story takes place. This couldn't be more true for Battlestar. If you haven't seen any of these new shows, you might be recalling the original Battlestar series done in the late 70s. Yes it has the same title, the same character names: Starbuck, Adama, Boomer, the Cylons, etc..., but the storyline doesn't even compare to the 70s version, let alone the special affects.
Unfortunately, Battlestar has decided that this 4th season, which begins tonight, will be its last. They have apparently decided to exit stage right while they are still a mega hit. I am thinking a movie might be in the future???
Tonight, like many other Sci Fi nuts, I will be sitting on my sofa with a big bowl of popcorn and the surround sound fully engaged, waiting on bated breath to find out who is the 12th Cylon. I have my guesses, and believe it has to be someone big, real big. I am thinking either William Adama, or Laura Roslin. I know Roslin had cancer (which a Cylon shouldn't get), but she is also "gifted" and has visions. I guess we'll see if any of my guesses are right. Let the countdown begin....

No comments: