4/17/2008

A Miracle Pill?


A year ago I was diagnosed with thyroid disease, hypothyroidism. After being physically ill for more than 3 months, I finally went to see a doctor. My hypothyroidism was fairly severe, and she was surprised that I could even function day to day. The reality was that I thought it was all in my head, and it was total willpower that got me out of bed every day. I was immediately put on synthetic thyroid replacement. The change was striking at first, I started to feel better and began to have more energy with a desire to live again. My husband was probably more happy than I was. He had "his bindy" back. I went back for repeated check ups over the next 6 months to make sure the drug was working. Every time the blood tests came back, they would find a small improvement, but would have to up the dosage to try and bring it within "normal" limits. Finally, I went in for my last blood test and my numbers were actually back up to the level that I was originally diagnosed with... while on the replacement. I take this disease very seriously, and I took my medication religiously. The only answer could be that the medication just wasn't working.

I did some research and found that people that don't have success with the synthetic tend to have more of a hypothalamus disorder, or T3 problem. The synthetic I was on only replaced the T4. I decided to ask to be put on Armour natural replacement. Within a month, I could feel a complete transformation. I felt like the old me again. It has been amazing to see and feel the transformation going on. I feel like I did at 25 (which is probably just before the thyroid started going downhill). Because of my disease, I have shared it with as many people as I can, and because of my diagnosis one cousin found out she has it too, my mom, and another aunt is currently being tested. It does seem to run in the family somewhere.

In addition to taking my medication, I also take other vitamins and herbs that are suppose to help support thyroid health. I have settled on a vitamin drink that is loaded with B vitamins and amino acids. I can't go without it now. I also decided to try a "weight loss pill" that was recommended on one of my thyroid boards. I had gained quite a lot of weight with my defunct thyroid. The thyroid controls the metabolism, so if it isn't working right, then most likely the fat and carbohydrates that are being eaten are not being metabolised properly. In addition, when you feel like shit, exercise goes to the bottom of the list of important things to do in a day. Like I said, I wasn't me anymore.
I do not normally endorse products, especially weight loss products. Most of them are just plain junk and actually do more harm than good. But I have to say, this pill I have been taking for about a month now really seems to be working. It is made of seaweed concentrate and pomegranate seed oil, so there are no chemicals and no caffeine. The amazing part is that it targets the belly fat, the most dangerous fat. The name is Fucothin. Now not everyone out there agrees with me, there are a lot of critics that say it doesn't work, but there are a lot of people that have used it with good results, like me. I take 6-9 pills a day (you have to work up to that amount) during meals with a lot of water. It does make your pee and poo smell funny, probably because of all the seaweed. It also makes me fart a bit, but that doesn't matter to me much. Gives me a reason to giggle.
Make sure you read everything on it and make your own sound judgement before deciding to take it. I am not being paid to endorse this or any product, nor am I liable if you find it doesn't work for you (that's me covering my butt). This is a review of my personal experience. I have found that in addition to a healthy eating and exercise lifestyle, it helps me lose extra fat. I have also noticed it curbs my cravings for sweets. I am only a month into it, so I will follow up as I continue to use it.

Is it a miracle pill? Since such a thing doesn't exist, I would have to say no (although my thyroid medication has been a saving grace for me), but even my father-in-law could tell in a recent photo of me that something was working. I think that says it all.
I buy Fucothin and other vitamins at iherb.com . Again,not another endorsement, just where I buy my stuff.

No comments: